Visceral therapy holds a special place in my heart.
After suffering from abdominal pain, constipation, pain with pooping, urinary leakage having no children, cramping, inability to eat, and pelvic pain I found visceral manipulation. I was hooked after my treatment, too the first class and 2 years later have progressed to advanced courses in visceral manipulation so that I can further help you achieve optimal health.
What is it?
The term ‘viscera’ means your internal organs such as your liver, heart, kidneys. Visceral Manipulation (VM) is a gentle, advanced manual therapy technique that helps re-establish normal function of organs and surrounding musculoskeletal structures to decrease abnormal compensations causing dysfunction and pain.
As a visceral manipulation practitioner, I’ve gone through extensive hands-on training to perform the skills necessary to deliver visceral manipulation effectively.
The techniques and concepts focus on ‘listening’ to your body to find underlying restrictions and areas of tension.
- Treats your whole body and not just your symptoms.
- Is a unique art and style of treating your body by respecting your tissues and trusting in your body’s wisdom to heal itself.
- Helps create an environment ideal for your body to heal.
How Can VM Help You?
- Aids your body’s ability to get rid of unhealthy compensations, restrictions, and abdominal adhesions/scars
- Specific to your body’s needs on any particular day
- Enhances communication with the brain and the body to restore tissue health and function
- Gives you an understanding of how your body systems work together for optimal health
- Never the same old treatment routine
VM Can Benefit The Following Complaints:
- Post surgical scars, adhesions, pain
- Acid reflux, GERD
- Pelvic pain
- Swallowing difficulty
- Digestive disorders
- Persistent musculoskeletal pain
- Anxiety, stress